September 10, 2008

Woo Hoo....I gots an INTERVIEW!!!

So, most of you know about my employment situation, or lack there of....though I have decided that the official term is, "I'm on sabbatical." I think it sounds better than, "I'm un-employed."

That said....most of you want to know what's going on. Well, to date, I've sent out about 50 resumes to positions in Tallahasssee, Tampa, Orlando, Atlanta, and Boston ???(I'm getting to it). And though I have been sending out mondo applications, there's not much coming back my way....there was a phone interview with a local association for a position that I was way over qualified for. For which I then got an email saying that I wasn't the right fit for the position...WHATEVER.

Tuesday I got a call from an organization that had my resume from a position I applied for over a month ago (that they already filled) but they thought of me for another position, an association event planner, FUN! I have a phone interview tomorrow! HOORAY!

Then, there's this recruiting firm that my friend Keri hooked me up with....well....it was full speed ahead with them, then nothing for two weeks...and then today!!! HOORAY! So, the message I got today was that they want to interview me, I'm sorry, fly me to Chicago and interview me.....the job is in Boston, but I'm totally up for traveling ANYWHERE on someone else's dime.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, I appreciate it more than I can tell you.....I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for stopping by MollyWood....I'll try to catch you tomorrow!

No comments: