So, as part of my "sabbatical" I've started blogging and reading all kinds of blogs. So, I found I'm Just a Girl from surfing through Ask Allison - who incidentally, made me one of her book contest winners.
So, anyway, I'm Just a Girl had some very interesting questions and it made me start thinking...
1. What was your first favorite song? Its probably a tie between the Sesame Street Song (the original, not that crazy crap they play now) and Disco Duck - come on and listen to it....you can't help but smile because its SO ridiculous! But my mom had this Disco Compilation record and I swear I could listen to that song on my Fisher Price record player over and over again.
2. Who was your first favorite female singer? Now this is a tough one, mostly because I don't really remember my first. I remember my parents were very into Country and Dolly Parton, but the first one I can really remember being IN LOVE with Tiffani and Debbie Gibson. I'm sure there were others, and if you ask Nancy she might tell you something completely different.
3. Who was your first favorite male singer? That would be Michael Jackson and his YELLOW SEQUINED sweater. I even had the poster on the wall in my bedroom!
4. Who was your first favorite band? Its either the Jackson 5 OR The Beach Boys. Growing up in Florida, we are all about the beach and what says more about an endless summer than the Beach Boys?
5. Who is your all time favorite band? Wow, this is really too difficult to answer. I'm so music oriented, it would depend on genre and then even possibly era. Some of my all time favorites are Dave Matthews Band (you knew I was going to say it!), The Cure, Metallica, Steve Miller, The Beach Boys, the GoGos, REM...the list goes on and on.
6. Who is your all time favorite male singer? I'm with Just a Girl, on the straight singing its Josh Groban. On the makes my knees weak and could listen to him sing the phone book? Dave Matthews - seriously? I would be a fantastic stalker - I could watch that man do ANYTHING!
7. Who is your all time favorite female singer? I have always love Britney (pre-K-Fed) and Janet Jackson. I'll throw a little Country in and say Trisha Yearwood as well.
8. What is your all time favorite LP/CD album? Holy crap this is a hard question to answer. I don't think I can pick just one. The one thing I love about iTunes is the ability to download all kinds of stuff, and my tastes are eclectic.
9. What was your first favorite radio station? Central Florida in the 80's? It was ALL ABOUT BJ 105.1 - seriously?? Who would name a radio station BJ?
Let me know what you think!
I hope you enjoyed your visit to MollyWood....I'll try to catch you tomorrow!