September 11, 2008

I gots an Interview - Part II

So, two things happened on the job front today.

(1) I had my phone interview for the event planner position - it rocked, thank you! I had the HR woman chuckling along with me...not a lot, but enough. They're finishing phone interviews this week and doing in-persons next week....and she "doesn't see why she won't be talking to me again." Sounds positive...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

(2) I am going to Chicago next Friday (19th) to interview for the job the headhunter found in Boston. I'm psyched, I wish I could stay longer, but since I have no money its probably better that the Michigan Ave. stores won't be calling my name!

I'm a little more excited about the first than the second, but I think that has something to do with not wanting to move....and I know more about the first than the second.

I got a surprise phone call from my friend Lori that I used to work with. She's the fabulous mother of triplet boys....and she works...what a woman. She just called to check on me....and tell me she was thinking about me, which I appreciate more than she can know. And she gave me some gossip about our old employer.....which made me shocked and awed.

Also, for those of you not on facebook...I am suggesting that you RUN, don't walk to get yourselves on. With the games, networking and other crap...it keeps my sabatical-living butt entertained for HOURS!

I hope you enjoyed your trip to MollyWood...I'll try to catch you tomorrow!

No comments: