June 24, 2010

Disconnected like a light socket...

I'm feeling very disconnected.


So, what you may or may not know is Neil and I have been in a really good place, and we're moving forward.


I think what's exciting is that we were never that white hot fury that has faded. I think all along we've had an incredible relationship that's just gotten stronger over the past few months.

And then, he got a new job. And its exciting! And I'm so happy for him and proud of him. He deserves this job - its exactly what he wants to be doing and he's getting compensated appropriately.

But he had to move to Gainesville.

Now, it was bad enough that he lived on the almost opposite side of Jacksonville from me. Seriously, on a good day, it took 20 minutes to drive to his house....on a bad day FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...it took over an hour!

So then he moves to Gainesville. Now, I realize that as a Gator (I know, I know....WHAT am I thinking!?!?!) this for him is like me moving to Tallahassee. But, as a self-respecting, Seminole loving, Garnet and Gold bleeding woman, I have a hard time driving into HogTown on the weekends.

And while we're on the subject....this is where my disconnectedness is coming from.

I need more than two days a week. I'm so used to seeing him that I'm having a hard time, and this week, its starting to show.

I feel disconnected from him. I need your help. All my married folks....how do you do it? How do you manage to have a career, outside activites, family, friends, traveling, pets, etc. and still seem connected to your person? How are you keeping yourself connected when there's seemingly nothing much to talk about?

We're only a month in to this long distance (ha) thing, and I'm struggling this week.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Mollywood...I'll catch you later!

No comments: