November 8, 2010

Well...by personal request...here's the update you've been LONGING for (hehe!)

1. Get a job that I love and that pays me well. (CHECK!) Between accomplishing this one, continuing a relationship in two different cities, volunteer commitments...well....you'll read on. I LOVE what I'm doing and couldn't be happier. Now for just a bit of balance with the rest of my life.

2. Keep up with the blog (1 post each week) - Not doing so well with this one. If you have any tips on being better with this, send them my way. I think I just always want to give you a treat with something funny or insightful...and sometimes, there's NADA!

3. Attend Church Service at least once a month - going well!

4. Take a wine tasting class. - I took a beer-tasting class...I wonder if that counts!

5. Visit the Cummer Museum

6. Visit Dottie Beard in Annapolis - haven't done this one yet, but I did get to see her at Grandma's 80th birthday extravaganza. Maybe my next blog post should be how Dottie became an honorary member of our family.

7. Attend a Jacksonville Art Walk (planning on this one in December)

8. Pick a volunteer project and get started. (I’m leaning towards signing up as a mentor or volunteering at the Florida Theater, but that may change.)

9. Lose an unspecified amount of weight

10. Go to a Good Shepherd Chamber Music Society concert

11. See the sunrise from the beach - I tried one day....and I missed it, by about 15 minutes CRAP!

12. Clean up media on iPod

13. Get car back in garage

14. Go somewhere special for New Year’s Eve

15. Cook at least three meals at home each week. - this one is going pretty well....I should fill you in on what we're eating.

16. No more library fines – and only check out books - I have MISERABLE FAILED AT THIS ONE.

17. Visit Helen, Georgia during Octoberfest

18. Go to a Jacksonville Seminole Club event

19. Take a Photography Class

20. Plan Day-trip from Jax and Gainesville (Neil’s current home-base) to somewhere I haven’t been in at least 10 years.

21. Get Savannah art framed and hung (CHECK!) Actually I can claim no credit for this one - Neil had it beautifully framed for my birthday

22. Update the reading list – include authors with actual merit rather than reality television fixtures. This is going well. I'm currently reading Piper Kerman's Orange is the New Black, My Year in a Women's Prision. It's FASCINATING.

23. Take more pictures of myself and with Neil. (So far so good) See below

24. Go to the Planetarium - I may be getting this one checked off next month - stay tuned.

25. Find an obedience class for Finn.

26. Plan and take a road trip to Nashville - Because of some of the awesome air fare deals on Southwest, this one may have to be a flight this year....but I'll let you know!

27. Wash and clean out my car once a week - going well.

28. Go kayaking with Neil

29. Start a wine log

30. Go to the beach at least once each month (So far so good)

31. Go to Ikea in Orlando

32. Make homemade Mayonnaise and Pesto sauce


So there you have it. I think I need to focus a little more on this list if I want to accomplish it before the year is out.

2 comments:

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt said...

Nice work. Any time you do something to mark it off the list, you can blog. An easy peasy way to blog once a week. :)

Unknown said...

1. No, no...the beer tasting doesn't count.

2.We will begin the wine log when you come up to Nashville, which brings me to number 3...

3. Schedule trip to Nashville....I will get you dates within the next week.

Love you! You're pretty and smart :)